We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

Is it convenient to hire a taxi at the DM airport to Ayuthaya at 6.30 pm? We are both seniors & would like to stay in Ayuthaya for 3 nights. Is it necessary to book a taxi in advance online? How much is the fare to the historical city? Tq.

11 replies to this topic
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ayutthaya, Ayutthaya Province
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

No need to book in advance. Just join the queue which does at times look horrendous, but in my experience is pretty fast moving.

The fares between provinces are fixed. To Ayutthaya is something like 800 or 1000 baht.

I'd recommend taking a map of Ayutthaya in Thai with the location of your hotel marked. Bangkok taxi drivers usually don't know their way around Ayutthaya. (Many of them, coming fresh from the farm in Isaan, struggle around Bangkok.)

2. Re: Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2017, 08:55

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
21 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

I will be spending 2 nights in Ayutthaya, and then I am flying to Chiang Mai from Don Muang airport. The flight is at 8:20 on a Sunday morning, so I guess I have to be at the airport around 6:30 am. Could you suggest the best way to get from Ayutthaya to Don Muang at this time of the day?

Edited: 21 October 2017, 20:24
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,081 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

Get your hotel desk in Ayutthaya to book a car at 05:30 for you.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
21 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

Thanks. Is there any point trying Uber instead of the taxi booked by the hotel?

Ayutthaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

There are no taxis in Ayutthaya, so Uber is useless. (Incidentally, GrabTaxi is much more popular than Uber in Thailand, I believe.)

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
21 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

Thank you. Just asking because my Uber app says a taxi can be in Autthaya in 12 minutes )) And I know it is off-topic here, but the hotel suggests taking a train, which seems to take about an hour to get to Don Muang station. The only reason I'm not considering the train option is because you mentioned a few years ago that trains are terribly unreliable and can be an hour or two late. Is that still so or have the trains improved since that time?

Ayutthaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

The trains are still dreadful. I personally wouldn't rely on one to get to the airport.

Thinking about Uber, I know that some taxi drivers live in Ayutthaya and drive into Bangkok to work. It's just a hypothesis, but that might be what you're seeing.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
21 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

Many thanks for the info. The hotel says a "taxi" (that's what they call it, anyway) to Don Muang is THB 1,100 — is that reasonable?

Ayutthaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya

Yes, reasonable price. A bit more than going in the other direction, but since the hotel will take a commission, I'd be happy to pay that.

Reply to: Taxi from Don maung airport to Ayuthaya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted