We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

elephant rides

Level Contributor
55 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
elephant rides

What is a name of a place where we can go do elephant rides, What is the cost, times, and if possible a website? Also would it be cheaper to do an elephant ride there or in phuket?

Thanks!

Uga, Spain
Level Contributor
16 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: elephant rides

You can take a short ride on an elephant at location: Latitude 14.352040 Longitude 100.558608. Put these numbers into google search and hit maps tab in the search screen and it will give you the location. Rides are 400bht per person and last approx 30 min.

Address

ถนน อู่ทอง

Tambon Pratuchai, Amphoe Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Chang Wat Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 13000

Ayutthaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
868 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: elephant rides

The map coordinates are correct, but the address is wrong. It's not on U-thong Road, it's on Pathon Road.

The location in English is: on the north side of Pathon Road, just 200 metres or so south of Wat Sri Sanphet and Worawihaan Mongkolbophitr.

Here's a Google Maps link to the location: https://goo.gl/maps/ztk0n

Ayutthaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
64 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: elephant rides

The elephants in the location opposite the City Pillar shrine (Wang Chang Lae Phaniat or Elephant Palace and Kraal) belong to "Elephantstay". The latter is situated in the immediate vicinity of Ayutthaya's Elephant Kraal in Suan Phrik sub-district of Ayutthaya (north and off the city island). The income gathered through the tourist elephant riding program is used for upholding the NGO Phra Kochaban Foundation and favors the rehabilitation of elephants.

Useful informative websites are: http://www.elephantstay.com and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephantstay.

www.ayutthaya-history.com

4 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: elephant rides

Does anyone knows the ride fee for Wang Chang Lae Phaniat? Is it a different org than the Elephant Palace?

Elephant Palace is charging me 10,000 Baht for 1 hour ride.......

I would need just half an hour ride, but they said NO.

Anyone can help?

Edited: 31 March 2015, 11:21
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
868 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: elephant rides

Wang Chang Lae Phaniat is simply the Thai name for the Elephant Palace.

That price seems outrageous. Something may have got lost in translation. They probably meant 1,000 baht. According to one source (my translation):

Charge for riding an elephant:

Thai per person 10 minutes 100 baht, 20 minutes 200 baht, 30 minutes 300 baht

Foreigners: 10 minutes 200 baht, 20 minutes 400 baht, 30 minutes 300 baht

…edtguide.com/131675_wang-chang-ayuttaya

There are a couple of other elephant operations in Ayutthaya, for example http://www.elephantayothaya.com/

Don't know the prices.

Ayutthaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
868 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: elephant rides

Typo. Foreigners 30 minutes should be 500 baht, hence 1,000 baht/hour seeming "reasonable".

Edited: 01 April 2015, 13:25
17. Re: elephant rides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 12:51
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
64 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: elephant rides

Confirmed with "Elephantstay".

The elephant rides at Wang Chang start at 400 Baht per person for about 15 minutes. 500 Baht for about 30 minutes.

There is a different rate for Thai nationals.

4 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: elephant rides

No, I gave the boss a call, his name is Patrick or Meepan.

the reason i m asking if there is any options for elephant rides...is because I am planning to have engangement photos with a short ride with elephants. I told the boss that we would MAX. stay with the elephant 30 mins and we will have move on the next location.

HE QUOTED me 10,000 Baht. <-----NO ERROR ON TRANSLATION. he spoke good English.

I was surprised indeed!!! but it's true. He said this is related to the COPY RIGHT of the elephant.......(?) WTH??

the issue is that as long as we wear our wedding dress and suits and climb on the elephant, take photos on the opposite side of the road. yes. 100K. This is the minimum charge. "you still have to pay for 100K even 30 mins", its up to you, it's your wedding, once-in-a-life-time." and "I paid 100K as well when I marry my wife, you know, I am the boss, but I still have to pay..."

oh yeah, blah blah blah..............

And somehow I asked a local wedding photography company in Bangkok for asking a elephant ride arrangement for me, it is only 1000 Baht.

what a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE difference between a foreigner and local.....10 times!!!!!!!

I love Thailand so much, this is the reason I chose to take pictures in there. These people destroy the tourism market. I don't love there anymore.

4 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: elephant rides

I believe in Karma.

I am not asking for a free ride. I am willing to pay for a fair and reasonable price of service, I often give great tips when some people has great performance.

I wish to say good luck to those people...... Karma are always watching.