We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to see how to see Ayutthaya in a day?

Oakland, California
2 posts
Save Topic
What to see how to see Ayutthaya in a day?

We are taking a day trip up to Ayutthaya from Chiang Mai in December. What temples should we visit and how should we get around? Should we take a guided day tour (any suggestions?), tour it on our own and if so how would we get around? Rent a bike, motor bike, tuk tuk... All suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya Province, Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,221 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to see how to see Ayutthaya in a day?

You're aware that it takes most of a day just to GET to Ayutthaya from Chiang Mai?

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya Province, Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Oakland, California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to see how to see Ayutthaya in a day?

I'm sorry. I meant Bangkok.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ayutthaya
Level Contributor
973 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to see how to see Ayutthaya in a day?

My recommendation: read previous postings in this forum. I've answered all these questions more than once and provided several detailed itineraries. Then, if you have any more specific questions, post again.

4. Re: What to see how to see Ayutthaya in a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 06:22