We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ayutthaya for half day

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ayutthaya for half day

I will be visiting BKK for two and a half days, and even though it is a brief visit, I was hoping that I can squeeze a half day visit to Ayutthaya. Is it even possible if I do by car/taxi?

Is it worth it? or Am I better off staying in BKK during my full stay?

Thanks,

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ayutthaya for half day

Hi

To be honest half day is not worth it. By the time you get there it will be time to head back. There are so much in Ayuthaya to take in. You need full day to make it worth while. I would suggest stay and do things in BKK instead.

Ayutthaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ayutthaya
Level Contributor
883 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ayutthaya for half day

It's definitely possible. However, depending where you are in Bangkok it will take an hour to an hour and a half each way by taxi. I'm not really sure that an Ayutthaya trip is a good idea, given the relatively large amount of time travelling and short time seeing the sights.

If this is your first trip to Bangkok, I'd definitely say skip Ayutthaya this time, since there's plenty in Bangkok to keep you busy for 2 1/2 days.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ayutthaya for half day

Thank you! I was kind of thinking that way but needed someone to reassure it to me ;)

I think I will just keep it t BKK

Ayutthaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ayutthaya
Level Contributor
883 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ayutthaya for half day

There are a few Ayutthaya-era temples in Bangkok. Visiting them might be of interest to you.

There's a walking tour described at bangkokpost.com/travel/travel-feature/423304…

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ayutthaya for half day

Ayutthaya guy thank you so much for the link! will look into this.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
816 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ayutthaya for half day

It 's advisable a full day in Ayutthaya (and therefore at least an overnight stay).

In July, we spent our time (seven people) as follows: In the morning, the circuit of temples outside the river's ring, by a boat rented at the Riverside Hotel.

Then the temples' circuit into the city center, inside the ring, by a van located at Thanon Bang Laen (just landed from the pedestrian ferry which is opposite the train station).

The van driver also led us to a decent restaurant for lunch

Overall, it was a very good value for money

Brun066

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ayutthaya for half day

Thank you Brun066! I have decided to stay in Bangkok the 2 1/2 days because unfortunately is not enough time to do all I wanted to do... :(

I need to go back again.... this trip is very tight. In two and a half weeks we are going to honk kong, Hanoi, Saigon, siem reap and Bangkok ... ouch.

8. Re: Ayutthaya for half day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:15