We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torn between Klong Nin and Phra Ae for next week

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Torn between Klong Nin and Phra Ae for next week

Hi all,

I've been looking through the TA forums on Ko Lanta and have narrowed down our 4 day stay there next week to either Klong Nin or Phra Ae. We're a couple in our late 20s and would like to stay at a nice beach that has an area with restaurants nearby. It seems during green season though that lots of places are closed and the beaches get quite windy. We are considering renting scooters but are inexperienced drivers so I'm just a bit nervous to stay too far away if by chance the pot holes are too big for us to ride around and we end up needing to take tuk tuks everywhere (might I add we're on a budget so money for transportation does unfortunately play a factor). Can anyone please possibly recommend which beach to stay at next week?

For Klong Nin we're looking at Lanta Intanin Resort

For Phra Ae we're looking at Morakot Lanta or possibly Relax Bay Resort but that's a bit out of our $25-30 a night budget

Open to any suggestions of course on accommodation, that's just what I've narrowed it down to in our budget so far.

Thanks so sooo much in advance for any assistance or suggestions! I really appreciate it :)

Mentioned in this post
Ko Lanta
Ko Lanta
Krabi Province, Thailand
Lanta Intanin Resort
Lanta Intanin Resort
77 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Lanta
Lanta
48 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Railay Bay Resort & Spa
Railay Bay Resort & Spa
2,361 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
2 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torn between Klong Nin and Phra Ae for next week

I was in Koh Lanta last week and was planning on staying on Klong Nin however when I arrived it was very desolate and very dirty. Apparently they do not clean up the beach during the green season due to lack of tourists and the monsoon washes a lot of trash up on the beach. Phra Ae is similar, with slightly more activity but the beach is still dirty. If you want a clean beach right now head to Kantiang. I ended up staying here for five days and loved it. I can highly recommend Kantiang Oasis - clean rooms, good AC, super friendly management and right next to all the restaurants as well as a 2 min walk to the beach, plus very affordable right now.

Mentioned in this post
Lanta
Lanta
48 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Kantiang Oasis Resort & Spa
Kantiang Oasis Resort...
357 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Torn between Klong Nin and Phra Ae for next week

Thanks Mariana that's really helpful! I'm looking at booking at Kantiang Oasis, the beach in the bay looks beautiful as well. I've been looking for info on the transfer from Sala Dan Pier but am only finding info on how to get to the closer beaches. Can I ask how you go to Kantiang Bay and what the fee was? Thanks again :)

Mentioned in this post
Kantiang Oasis Resort & Spa
Kantiang Oasis Resort...
357 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Kantiang Bay
Kantiang Bay
513 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Reply to: Torn between Klong Nin and Phra Ae for next week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted