We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

47 baht= £1

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WEST HAM,ENGLAND
Level Contributor
219 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
47 baht= £1

I wished I had not spent so much last year, and brought baht home with me!!!!!

U.K
Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 47 baht= £1

In a month or so we'll be looking back with fondness at the days when we could get 47 baht to the pound. It will be about 37 by then.

stalybridge uk
Level Contributor
456 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 47 baht= £1

If you think its going to be that low then buy the baht you will be quids in then.Nobody can tell what will happen.It just means thailand isnt the cheap destination it used to be.Me too gazzawestham never seem to bring any baht back ha ha

koh lanta
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 47 baht= £1

Hello there gazza,hope your well just got back from penang.Alot of place,s are doing deal.s at the momment mate as the place is very quiet,room,s and booze ect.Pint,s of singa 100,and a jug of chaing 100 baht.Room rate,s have dropped in some place,s.The pound,s dropped 30 odd%,and the price,s here have in some place,s the same.Swings and roundabouts spring to mind.Last year the place was still pretty packed,now around 60% full.Shop around and your still have a great time.Should beat the monkey hangers today,at a guess 3 1,when you getting here by the way,and where,s your first port of call.All the best and up the hammer,s

WEST HAM,ENGLAND
Level Contributor
219 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 47 baht= £1

Hi Kev mate,hope to be on railay beach on feb 15? I say hope my mother in law as fell and broke her hip so we mite not be comming, we need some one to look arfter our 2 dogs allso my mother in law now.Iv got 3 weeks yet so fingers crossed.I will let you know"...gor-on you irons!

WEST HAM,ENGLAND
Level Contributor
219 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 47 baht= £1

ammmers got a home draw?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 47 baht= £1

you're forever blowing bubbles!

koh lanta
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 47 baht= £1

Sorry to here about the mother in law,hope you make it.Stii quiet here.Pretty bubbles in the air.

Thailand
Level Contributor
815 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 47 baht= £1

In the early 1990s (Black May) it got down to 32.5 to the pound! In fact, it was always (till 1997) 45 to the pound and 25 to the dollar.

If you go more Thai-style, Thailand's still a cheap country.

stalybridge uk
Level Contributor
456 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 47 baht= £1

Reply to last post went thailand in 1993 and got 33.5 bahts just looked in diary ,like you said go thai still cheap ,but generally when you look at the pound ,its still cheap compared to europe

U.K
Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 47 baht= £1

I got just under 40 in 1982 and I remember getting only 30 in 1984. The difference though between then and now is I had a nice hut on the best part of Lamai beach for 25 baht a night. The pound has had a good week you will get 50 baht on monday.