We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Layana Resort and Spa

cheltenham
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
The Layana Resort and Spa

My husband and I are looking to go back to thailand to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. We have been to many parts of Thailand but never Ko Lanta. I am concerned that we will be forced to spend all of our time and money at the resort. We love the look of the place and were thinking about treating ourselves to a pool villa for a week. Has anyone been to this resort and can you give me any further info on the area, what's within walking distance etc

many thanks in advance. Beccy.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,147 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Layana Resort and Spa

Hi Beccy,

I wouldn't worry about getting stuck at the resort. It's a lovely hotel and a short walk along long beach will take you to lots of small bars and restaurants even small convenience stores. If you walk to the main road behind long beach there are a whole lot more bars and restaurants etc. A 10 min trip in a tut tut will take you to the main town of Saladan where you'll find shops, banks, opticians and some great restaurants. Great location IMO

Cheers

cheltenham
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Layana Resort and Spa

thanks that's really helpful.

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Layana Resort and Spa

Hi,

You will love it, still the best resort we have ever been to ( so far )

Not been back for 2yrs but don't think Thayer have pool villas !!!!

beach front villa a MUST.

We visited three yrs consecutive and even called our little girl Layana,

Pm me if you need any more info.

London, England
Level Contributor
382 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Layana Resort and Spa

Layana does not have pool villas but the beachfront villas are great as mentioned. The "ordinary"garden rooms are very good as well! It changed ownership in April - we know people who are visiting next month and will be awaiting their report on changes, if any...

We have great memories of our visits there and all the regular faces we saw every year. BTW, has anyone heard what Bob & Margie are doing now?

whitehaven
Level Contributor
24 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Layana Resort and Spa

I agree with all of the above ,but it also depends on what time of year you are visiting koh lanta. In the low season there is very few restaurants open on the beach if any ,along the road some are open but most of them close at this time of year .High season is different matter you will have lots of choice .The Layana is a beautiful hotel I would return tommorow.

cheltenham
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Layana Resort and Spa

great stuff, cheers everyone.

7. Re: The Layana Resort and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 02:15