We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko lanta or Ko kradan

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
delhi
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ko lanta or Ko kradan

Will be travelling to Thailand in december with my husband and two daughters, 9 and 11, and just cant decide between Sevenseas resort in ko kradan and maybe Anda Lanta in ko lanta. Conflicting reviews everywhere, plus can't really assess whether ko kraden will be just too remote for 5 days. We won't be wanting nightlife or anything too lively but how quiet is quiet??

Thanks so much for any input..

ira

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,232 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko lanta or Ko kradan

Hi,

Kradan is small, there are just a few places to stay Seven Seas being the most deluxe, whilst it's beautiful, it's very quiet and the accomodation is on the east coast of the island. Lanta is much busier, much bigger and has much more to do but still has quiet areas, most of the resorts face west so nice sunsets. If you are happy snorkeling, beachcombing, and navel gazing then Kradan is perfect, if you think you might get bored Lanta is a better choice imo.

cheers

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ko lanta or Ko kradan

Kradan would be my choice simply because it is quiet and well away from it all, but it doesn't suit everyone.

delhi
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ko lanta or Ko kradan

thanks paul, bbtony for your replies. one of the major attractions of ko kradan for me was the house reef, is ko lanta ok for snorkelling too or does it just not compare?

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,232 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ko lanta or Ko kradan

Hi,

Doesn't really compare, the smaller islands are much better generally, although Lanta does have plenty of trips to snorkelling sites on offer, straight off the beach is not that good, but island groups like Rok and Waen a short ride away have good coral.

Cheers

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ko lanta or Ko kradan

I cant speak for Ko Lanta, but spent some time on Kradan, it is my idea of the perfect island. Small, quiet, great snorkeling right off the South beach, white beach with lovely views of the Ko Mook, some good food at Paradise Lost.

I am researching Ko Lanta for this year, you can tak snorkeling trips to Ko Rok, Ko Haa and so called 4 island trip (Ko Mook, Ko Ngai, Ko Kradan) but swimming and snoekling right off the beach on Lanta is supposedly not good.

delhi
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ko lanta or Ko kradan

thank you for your feedback... Kradan does sound amazing and with 2 children, i think the idea of snorkelling right off the beach is irresistible..

7. Re: Ko lanta or Ko kradan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 06:16