We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic flight transfers through Bangkok airport

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Domestic flight transfers through Bangkok airport

Hi

I'm flying from Chiang Mai to Bangkok with Bangkok Airways then catching a connecting flight to Krabi with Air Asia (as so much cheaper). My luggage will obviously need to be collected at BKK, but as I already have my Air Asia boarding pass for the onward flight, can I go through Transfers rather than having to go through Arrivals then Departures (passport control etc) again?

Is there a luggage drop off point in Transfers?

Advice gratefully received :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic flight transfers through Bangkok airport

You don't need to go through passport control (immigration) as both flights are within Thailand. You'll need to collect your bags and then head to Air Asia to check your bags in.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,517 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domestic flight transfers through Bangkok airport

Hi,

Baggage reclaim-- either international or domestic-- leads only to the land-side.. on other-words, if you have to reclaim bags in Bangkok for any reason, then you must continue onward and exit the air-side (secured area) and either clear passport and customs control (with international arrivals) or clear the air-side secured area..

In either case, once you've come into contact with your checked bags, you can no longer remain air-side, you must exit (and complete arrivals processes if international) and then re-enter and undergo security screening again before flying onward.

Travel Safe,

3. Re: Domestic flight transfers through Bangkok airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2013, 10:17