We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

Hello,

I will be landing at Krabi at 15:00 on Jan 1st and want to take the Mini Van from Airport into Lanta. My hotel (Sri Lanta) is not willing to help and are pushing their private transport

Is there a travel Agency on Lanta that could book it for me? We are a party of two and I know price goes for about 300 BHT per person

I would hate to have to backtrack into Krabi town and pick the Van from there. Plus there is no guarantee that seats would be available. And definitly don't want to pay the 2500 BHT for the Taxi

Thanks a bunch!

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

As far as I know most places will not book the minivan when you are arriving, simply because the vans do not want to have to wait around for incoming passengers if there is a delay. Usually people will have to take a van to Krabi then catch the minivan from there. Also I am not sure there is a seat guarantee either. I did just find this website after a quick search - it might help

scuba-dive-lanta.com/getting-to-lanta/from-k…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

Thanks a lot for that! I sent a message to them

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

My hotel (Lanta Castaway) was happy to book me on the incoming minivan from the airport.

Good luck.

Auckland Region...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

Hi Spartac

Am very interested to find out about your transfer and how it worked for you.

We are also staying at the Sri Lanta in Feb so any other tips on the resort

would be great to.

Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

Hi

I just wanted to find out about your transfer from Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta. Did you manage to book through Scuba Dive Lanta, and if so was it OK? I arrive the same time as you (Just before the 3pm) did you catch the 3pm minivan that comes past the airport at about 3:30pm?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

Hello All,

Some feedback on my trip from Krabi Airport to the hotel, on Klong Nin (Sri Lanta Hotel, more towards the end of the island)

First the reservation through Scuba Dive was easy. However something went wrong on arrival. They didn't give our name to the driver (despite me calling in to confirm) and I had to wait an hour for the next Van. Mine pretty much left empty.

The Van comes around 30 min past the hour. Sometimes even slightly more. Getting the luggage took no time. So you can definitly get the Van 30 min after landing, or even before. The only risk is of the flight is late (mine's was, but about 15-20 min)

The Van itself is OK but not super comfort. I am not a big guy and the seat was barely sufficient. This being said we lucked out and it was only 3/4 full, so I had no one next to me. But it is a Long trip...For more than 2 people I would gladly take a taxi

The trip too about 2h 15 min. The Van was dropping and taking people on and off. Aside from the tourists at the Airport, the others looked like workers from the resorts/shops in Koh Lanta that lived off the island.

The transfers on the boat were quite straight forward. We didnt have to wait long for the boat to fill up.

All in all: Decent trip. I wouldnt take it though if you are anything above average size. Or if you are a party of 3+ people. Just take the taxi, easier. For the others it's OK. Bring something in case AC is too strong.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

Rob,

Regarding Sri Lanta: It's a nice hotel. Basic eco friendly Lodges but quite functional. Not too much musquitos but do bring repellant for when the sun starts to go down (they sell efficient ones in Thailand too)

Food is bad. All options around are a lot better. Miami next door is seriously good (tried their Pha Nang and western food). The italian restaurant just 10 min walking (beach or road) does amazing Pizza, Pasta Late and Tiramisu. And the restaurant just in front of the Italian (forgot the name, but it's in every guidebook) is also good

The hospitality at the hotel is not great either, hit and miss. The beach is quite nice though. You can see your toes even if the water is up to your head. I would reserve my chair before going to breakfast (put a towel). Although you might have less of that problem since it's not the high season.

The climbing to the rooms isn't as bad a cardio as some people say. I wouldn't worry about it.

I would go to Saladan one night for a stroll and a nice eat (Frog is a recommendation. Went there especially for the wine but we also splurged with the filet Mignon from NZ that was worth it). You can go another evening to the old town. A bit of the ghost town, but I like it. As well as the stop at the viewpoint on the way there. It also gives a glimpse to the life in Koh Lanta. along the road. For both of these you can take a Tuk Tuk (250 BHT per person)

Auckland Region...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

Thanks for the update spartac,have booked via Scuba Dive Lanta and so far have had very good communication with them.

No worries about the van as it is a public minivan after all,looked at other alternatives but cost wise is so much better if it all works out and am in no hurry to get there and back,mixing it with the locals just adds to the experience.

As far as the Sri Lanta is concerned thats another story to unfold, always a bit of a gamble when one doesn't know a place but thanks for the heads up about the restuarant,I will explore others as well.

One week to go and am looking forward to the holiday with a few Gin and Tonics in the tropics.

Cheers

Rod.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

Yes, mixing it With thé locals was Nice. Didn't feel like à herd of tourists

Enjoy Koh Lanta. Awesome place to be

10. Re: Need Travel Agency in Lanta to book mini van from Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2013, 10:19