We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

Does anyone know the easiest way to get to koh lanta from khao lak on the 10th december, we are 2 adults and 2 kids. Some options that have been suggested are taxi to krabi then ferry, minivan all the way via krabi, taxi to phuket then ferry or speedboat, i really want the quickest way possible that is not too outrageously expensive. i would love some feedback as i am sending myself mad trying to figure it out on the internet! We also need to get to phuket airport by 11:30 am on the 13th if anyone has any suggestions on how we would do that, cheers

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

Hi Trish,

In answer to both contact Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak on cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com for quotes for transfers. He is as cheap, if not cheaper, and reliable as anyone else. He provides the most recommended transfers to and from Khao Lak, particularly from and to Phuket airport, with an excellent fleet of taxis and drivers. No need to go to Phuket by land or sea from Lanta.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

thanks, yes i have emailed boss and he has given me prices for a taxi directly to koh lanta as well as a price to the pier in phuket, do you know if it is quicker to drive all the way there? alot of forums talk about waiting in line at the car ferry crossings for hours which will be a nightmare with little kids, do you know if this is true? thanks

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,209 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

The car ferries could be a nightmare a few years ago but they have been much better for the last 4 or 5 years there may be a few minutes wait as the ferries load but long delays have become rare

(BTW they've started building a bridge near the first crossing)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

Thankyou!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

As I said no need to go to Phuket if you are going from Ko Lanta to Khao Lak. Ask Boss for cost of transfer from Ko Lanta to Khao Lak. He does the reverse trip (Khao Lak to ko Lanta) for 4200 baht including ferry fee. See tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

it sounds like boss is the way to go, do you know around how long it takes to drive from khao lak to koh lanta and from koh lanta to phuket airport? thanks again for your help, cheers

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

Sorry, I think I have managed to confuse myselk (easily done!) and probably you! Your travel is Khao Lak to Koh Lanta right? In which case it is about 3 to 3 1/2 hours depending on ferry times. Boss will advise you. Then from Ko Lanta to Phuket Airport I understand the quickest way is by fast speedboat to Krabi pier then minivan which takes about the same time. See amazinglanta.com/phuket-airport-to-koh-lanta…

Sorry for misunderstanding. :-)

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

Thanks for this, I know its a year out of date but I have the same trip thi syear 2013.

Boss quoted 4500 baht from Koh Lanta to Khao Lak with us to pay the ferries on top for out trip in November

Edited: 01 September 2013, 18:55
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
508 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

Is that price quote per person or your whole group?

Per person that price is outrageous.

How many are you?

Edited: 02 September 2013, 10:47
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how to get to koh lanta from khao lak

That price is per group as are all of Boss's prices.