We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorbike hire and transfers

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Motorbike hire and transfers

Hi there,

My husband and I are staying at Baan Rim Lay Hotel on Ko Lanta for 2 nights next week (coming across from Ao nang) and I have a couple of questions about it.

When we get the ferry over (think we arrive at 12.30ish) are there people waiting to meet the ferries? taxis etc? How much should it cost to get from there to the hotel?

We are wanting to hire a motorbike and explore for the middle day of our stay. Is there somewhere close to the hotel where we could do that and how much would it cost for the day?

thanks so much!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorbike hire and transfers

Most hotels meet the ferry to pickup arriving guests.

Let them know what time ferry you are arriving on.

Also most hotels can arrange motorbike hire, sometimes a little more expensive than outside, but you will not have to surrender your passport or pay a large deposit

Ko Lanta, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
508 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorbike hire and transfers

Tezzat is exactly right. Just make sure you have confirmation from Baan Rim Lay that they will pick you up.

Otherwise taxis are plentiful at the arrival pier and can take you to the hotel. Keep in mind Baan Rim Lay is in Khlong Nin, about halfway down the island so a taxi might be a little on the expensive side (I'm guesstimating 500thb per person) and it is a fair distance, so I would personally avoid the motorbike/sidecar taxi option and go for the white mini-truck.

And yes, renting a motorbike through, (or with the recommendation of) your resort is always preferable. You might pay a bit more, but your chances of getting into a hassle are greatly reduced.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorbike hire and transfers

For hire motorbike shouldn't leave real passport with them or maybe ask the hotel lobby if they have renting a motorbike service and Motorbike can rent about 200 - 250THB per day. If they want you to pay more it's probably a scam.

4. Re: Motorbike hire and transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 22:15