We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Lanta Update

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Lanta Update

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know how our second trip to Koh Lanta is going.

We're staying at Clean Beach resort on Klong Nin beach. The staff are very helpful and friendly, the resort is well maintained and clean as is the pool. Wifi is excellent. The food in the restaurant is very good compared into other resorts and reasonable too. We are staying in the new bungalows- I think we might be one of the first staying in them. they're really built to a very high standard- huge comfy bed, new linen, new everything. The shower is amazing and always hot water when you need it. Flat screen tv with sattelite channels. Once the bathroom door is shut you don't hear a thing from outside- surprising considering we're quite close to the road. The beach is just across the road and they have loungers for guests with umbrellas. breakfast is good- although the eggs are always cold!

The weather in koh lanta was bad on Christmas eve but was super sunny from Christmas eve until today. I understand the weather had been bad in the run up to when we arrived in 23 dec. this morning, we woke up to rain and, although it stopped lunchtime, been grey since. We leave 3 January so let's hope it picks up! We stayed for three weeks two years ago and it only rained once- this is very unusual.

We went on the day trip snorkelling on Koh Rok yesterday. We were picked up at 8.45 by speedboat and saw dolphins on the way to Koh Rok. There were about 25 of us on the boat- mainly families. Snorkelled on three sites and spent two hours on beach at Koh Rok- we had lunch there. The snorkelling was very good with high visibility and lots of fish, coral etc. The guys in the boat were also very helpful and informative. Had a fruit snack on the way back in and arrived at 3.15pm outside hotel. 1.500 baht each. Well worth the money.

We really love Koh Lanta and especially Klong Nin beach- in my opinion the best on the island as it is chilled out, plenty of nice bars/restaurants, very clean and family oriented.

Will update on our last few days here soon.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Lanta Update

How much is the room rate ?

Thanks

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Lanta Update

Thanks for the update and hope the weather gets better it's the same on the gulf coast as someone else has just posted that it's bucketing down.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Lanta Update

Hi Finnoodles,

nice read.

hope you see some sun....

which tour operator did you go to koh rok with...

look forward to your nerxt instalment

happy travels...

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Lanta Update

We did the speedboat trip to Koh Rok Nok awhile ago and the snorkeling was amazing.

Do they still allow camping on the island?

Hong Kong, China
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Lanta Update

How about the road cond is it good safely for scooter run ?

I never try before !

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Lanta Update

Great beach, great little family run hotel, our favourites on Lanta.

Glad you enjoyed your stay

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh Lanta Update

Nice report Finn, glad your having a good time.

Janet why would your hire a motor bike if you have never been on one before, obviously you do not have a license to ride one!

Cathy

Hong Kong, China
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Koh Lanta Update

Cathy thank you for advice

I will conside bicycle or tuk tuk.........

Thank You

Edited: 03 January 2013, 04:14
Datchet, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Koh Lanta Update

Can I ask a question? We are staying in Ko lanta in late march and need to book our return flight back to bangkok for Friday 5th April. I'm concerned about getting off the island and over to Krabi for the flight at 1325. Do you think this is feasible and if so what are the best options. There is availability on a later flight at 1630 if this would cause problems. Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!

arctica
Level Contributor
930 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Koh Lanta Update

The car ferries from Lanta over to the main land starts running early in the morning. You have plenty of time to reach the 13.25 flight if you go by private car/taxi and allow approx 2 - 2 1/2 hours drive depending on where on Lanta you are staying.

I don`t know the timetable for public minibus and passenger ferry.