We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
50 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

I got a lot of info from generous members who have posted their JBRs previously, so I hope someone also benefits from my JBR.

Airport transfer (Krabi to hotel in Ko Lanta) - used Jinda Tours which charged me 1900b for airport transfer. This was a good price in my opinion as others quoted me 2400b-2600b per trip. They picked us up in a nice, big MPV (T oyota Commuter) and Musa from Jinda Tour responds to every email without fail within the next day.

Map of Ko Lanta - Was lucky that I went to 2 Scoops Gelato on my first day there. You can get a free copy of a very, very good map of Ko Lanta (it's called Biker's map). All the night markets are listed there with all the good restaurants and beaches and 7-11s...etc. Get that on your first day!

Hotel - Stayed in Baan Rim Lay@Klong Nin beach. Loved the place. Our party of 3 took a Deluxe Beach Front and a Superior Beach Front. I will review in detail in hotel review page. Overall, it was very clean, walls were thick enough that we did not hear any noise from guests staying next to us. Also a very important point was that every room has their own deck chairs with umbrella on the beach. So, very pleased with the hotel's amenities and service for the rate that I paid.

Snorkelling Tour - Took a trip to Koh Rok with Freedom Adventures for 2200b/pax. Because I have snorkelled in Perhentian Kecil in Malaysia before, I did not find snorkelling at Koh Rok to be good as most of the corals were dead and not much variety of sealife. Most common fish seen is only clown fish. However, Freedom Adventures were very professional, friendly and they really took care of us during the entire trip. Plus point is they only bring maximum of 10 guests on their trips so you won't feel like a sardin on the boat. Plenty of water/soda/fresh local fruits and a 3 course lunch + rice is prepared and served on the boat.

Food - Excellent! We ate mostly at local restaurants (we have learnt that the best places are those with only Thai signboards). The best restaurant we ate in was dinner at a Thai place right opposite Eden Restaurant at Saladan. This local restaurant is right next to the big Yamaha shop. Do not worry about ordering because the menu is both in Thai and English. It's cheap and anything you order there will be delicious and authentic.

Booze - I only drank at Irish Embassy bar (Long beach) and fell in love with Brains Stout on draught.

Breakfast - Both Jai Dee and Shaanti Shaanti on Klong Nin beach serve very good breakfast. Jai Dee's for full English and Shaanti2 for French. Shaanti2 serves good Illy coffee. Not forgetting Blue Moon bar where you can get a kick *ss strong Irish coffee.

Motorcycle rental - I rented directly from my hotel (Baan Rim Lay) and rented 2 bikes. Since we took 2, the owner gave us a good price at 200b per bike (daily rate).

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

Great report with loads of info, thanks for sharing.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

Thanks for the info. Going on wed!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
50 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

Welcome! :-)

MuhammadAzlan, hope you enjoy your stay there.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

Hope so!!! :)

Adelaide
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

Thanks for that! Sounds like a great trip!

Can I ask when and where the night markets were? We're they on Lanta or did you have to travel back to Krabi Town?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
50 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

The night markets are in Lanta itself. They set up everyday in a different spot. You can get the info from the map from 2 Scoops Gelato. They have a great map!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

Thanks! 2 Scoops is already on our list, so will be sure to grab a map :)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
50 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

No prob, hope you enjoy Lanta as much as we did.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
50 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

Oh...forgot to mention that we always stopped by at the market at 4+pm (nearly 5). Once, when i past by after dinner, it was closed already. If you want to be sure of the timing, ask around.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JustBackReport - Ko Lanta 27thMar-30thMar

Thanks for leaving your JBR - we are planning our first trip to Krabi (we usually go to Phuket) so your information is fabulous!!!