We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown Lanta to Saladan Town

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
573 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Crown Lanta to Saladan Town

Was wondering if Saladan town is within close walking distance to the Crown Lanta hotel and also if there are any restaurants close by also .

Many Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
870 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crown Lanta to Saladan Town

Its about 10/15 minutes walk into Saladan, though its not that interesting a walk and not well lit at night. We used to walk on the beach to nearby restaurants, a ten minute stroll or so, cutting through the Kaw Kwang resort. Also ate at the Kaw Kwang which was reasonable.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crown Lanta to Saladan Town

It is about 1.5 kilometers from Saladan Town, I have never walked it as we have a car but I would not do the walk at night as it is quite dark with many dogs around as well. I agree Kaw Kwang Resort which is next door is very basic and has decent cheap meals. Then next door again is Twin Bay Resort and they have excellent meals.

Cathy

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crown Lanta to Saladan Town

The Crown is about 3 km from saladan, there are lots of good restaurants there, sticking out over the sea on stilts, I loved the experience of eating over water

manchester uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crown Lanta to Saladan Town

We have just returned from The Crown Lanta. Although you wouldn't want to walk into Saladan at night there are Tuk Tuks outside the hotel which cost 50 baht per person each way to Saladan.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
573 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crown Lanta to Saladan Town

Thanks for all your info . Did you enjoy it Flying girl ?

manchester uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crown Lanta to Saladan Town

We did indeed. Not much of a beach at the hotel I would recommend a day at long beach. 100 baht per person in a tuk tuk and we rented sunbeds there at 100 baht per person.

7. Re: Crown Lanta to Saladan Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2014, 05:17