We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping on Koh Rok Nok

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Camping on Koh Rok Nok

Hello,

I hope someone here can help...

I would like to camp on Koh Rok Nok Island for three nights in January.

Some websites suggest that you can hire tents from the local ranger station on the island... but I have not found any way to pre book these tents!

Does anyone know how I can contact the ranger station and book the tents??

... I don't really want to get get the island and find there is no camping available.

Thanks so much for your help!

Conor

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping on Koh Rok Nok

I was on the island a few days ago and although I didn't stay you need to contact the Department of National Parks and reserve a space.

dnp.go.th/parkreserve/asp/style1/default.asp…

This gives an email address at the bottom of the page for you to contact, not sure if it works or not.

I have stayed on The Similan Islands (another National Park) and booked it using the Thai National Park online booking service. Alternatively you might be able to contact a tour guide on Lanta who could book it for you?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping on Koh Rok Nok

Hi Conor,

I'm looking to do the same. Did you have any luck with the DNP?

Could I also cheekily ask how you're looking to get to Koh Rok Nok?

Carmen

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping on Koh Rok Nok

Hi,

No bother getting the tent. Just show up and there will be plenty of empty tents there. We went out with opal speed boat snorkel tour. They stop on the island for lunch so they left us there and arranged to pick us up a few days later. Let me know how you get on! :)

C

nsantafe
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping on Koh Rok Nok

Hi there, we're thinking of doing the same, would u still recommend it having been? What about food? What are the prices for accommodation and food like?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
318 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camping on Koh Rok Nok

Hey guys we are looking to do the same on january 19th or 20th for 1 night.Anybody going the same time and wanna share a speedboat from Ko Lanta?How much was it to hire the tent for the night?Is it better to bring food or is there food available?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Camping on Koh Rok Nok

Stay for more than 1 night, once you get there you will want to stay longer. Can't remember the price but the tent was cheap. There is a restaurant there but it wasn't great, so I would recommend bringing your own stuff, just make sure to hang the food up well away from the tent. There is a fire cooking stove you can use but you would need your own pot/pan. If you go out with one of the snorkel tours it will be cheaper than a private speedboat. Enjoy :)

Edited: 24 July 2014, 02:08
7. Re: Camping on Koh Rok Nok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 07:16