We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trang island hopping

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Trang island hopping

Would like to see the trang islands. Am I able to organize a trip out of koh lanta for a day or is it too far away? Can't dive due to breathing problems but love snorkelling, have heard trangs islands are beautiful?

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,749 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trang island hopping

There are excursion trips from Lanta. I have no idea which islands are included and how good they are. Many of these excursions involve speedboats which I personally don't like. I've had one too many trips in which the weather worsened in the late afternoon and the boat ride back was very rough and dangerous.

It's much more fun to do real island hopping in which you stay a few days on each island, travelling between with longtail boats or local ferries.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trang island hopping

I agree but didmt know about trang till recently but it's good to know they're available

3. Re: Trang island hopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:19