We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many nights at Ko Lanta?

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
How many nights at Ko Lanta?

Hi,

If I have 4 or 5 nights for a short beach trip, should I:

1) Spend all 4 or 5 nights in Koh Lanta

2) Spend all but the last night in Koh Lanta, and instead spend the last night at Krabi (for easier access to airport (probably need to reach airport around 10am)

3) Spend all but the last couple of nights in Krabi (also for easier access to airport, plus sometime to check out Krabi town/AoNang as well).

I am looking for the sort of beach trip where you wake up late, walk/take a tuk tuk to a nearby beach, suntan, have a lazy dinner then head back to the room after sunset.

None of the kayaking or hiking, just bumming around the resort and chilling at a nearby beach, plus maybe one islands tour (but not a must if there are enough beaches to explore within walking distance).

For those who have been to Ao Nang and Koh Lanta, what do you think? Will I get bored spending 4 or 5 nights at just Ko Lanta? Does Ao Nang have enough to offer to warrant a 2 night stay?

Thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
25 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many nights at Ko Lanta?

I have to say, I like your vacation style! I recommend 2 nights in Krabi. It's a great town that gets overlooked and has easy access to Railay and Ao Nang (50b bus ride). Also staying in krabi is more relaxing and has a great local feel. I say go with option #3 and you'll have the best of both places covered. I've been to both (in Krabi now on my way to Lanta), and I always stop in Krabi town for a night or two. If you stay in Krabi over the weekend, they have a great walking street set up along the water. Enjoy your trip!

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many nights at Ko Lanta?

Koh Lanta is a beautiful island. Very quite, relaxing, and lovley. It seems like you want to relax and do nothing but at the same time you wanna see more than 1 place since u r there already ;)

I would recommend u the 4 islands tour in Koh Lanta. You will love it espically the emerled cave

. Well, go for option number 3 so u will be able to see more than 1 place. Or just go to Lanta and decide there, if u think 3 nightz is enough for u than go to Krabi or if u fall in love with Lanta than just continue there.

Have a good holiday :))

singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many nights at Ko Lanta?

Thank you both for the advice! I will probably opt for the last option. Can't wait to check Ko Lanta out! And I hope Ao Nang won't disappoint! And i am glad you guys approve of my travel style :) finishing up a huge project that has been going on for the last 6 months so I'm dying for a relaxing break!

4. Re: How many nights at Ko Lanta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 13:20