We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Lanta to Krabi Airport. Use Air Asia package?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
76 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ko Lanta to Krabi Airport. Use Air Asia package?

Hi we are a family of 5 flying out of Krabi at 1500. If we use air asia's ferry/flight package we need to be at the port by 1000. It's 2,340B extra plus the cost from the hotel to the port. 5 hours seems like a long travel day. :(

Would we be better to book a minivan from our hotel to the airport? Would it save us time? Would it cost much more?

Thanks!

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,015 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi Airport. Use Air Asia package?

A van would cost you 2500-2800 door-to-door. It takes around 2 hours for the trip, so if you start at 12:00 you should get to the airport in lots of time. Ask at your hotel and at a travel agency in Saladan.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,886 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi Airport. Use Air Asia package?

Hi,

Should you choose to travel by minivan:

http://www.krabishuttle.com/

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
76 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi Airport. Use Air Asia package?

Sounds like great advice! I would love an extra 2 hours on the beach! :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi Airport. Use Air Asia package?

FYI, the public ferry from Koh Lanta leave Saladan at 13:00 to Krabi Nopparat Pier in a 2 hours sea journey, reaching Krabi at 15:00, so unless AirAsia is having a special boat arrangement that bring you to Krabi direct, I guess you might want to check in detail how the ferry from Koh Lanta to Krabi is with AirAsia? Is the so called ferry really direct from Koh Lanta to Krabi or is it just the car ferry that it is referring to?

We took the minivan from Koh Lanta to Aonang Krabi 2 weeks ago in less than 3 hours, it first went to the airport to drop some passengers who wanted to go the airport, and it took about 2 hr 15 min to reach the airport from Koh Lanta with 2 car ferry crossings. It costs us 450 bahts per person for the minivan.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi Airport. Use Air Asia package?

Hi 2009A,

Can you please share the contacts of this minibus and how/from where you made the bookings etc? Did the minivan pick you up from your hotel or at Saladan Pier ? Do you know if they have a daily timetable?

Thanks

Deb

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,015 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi Airport. Use Air Asia package?

You can book transfers like this at the desk of your hotel, next-day or a couple days ahead if you want.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi Airport. Use Air Asia package?

A 2 hour mini van transfer from Long beach to Krabi airport is cutting it a bit fine. We took this advice from our hotel in February and arrived at the airport 31 minitues before our flight.Needless to say we were allowd to board as the Thais are much more relaxed about this.

The mini van made 6 stops on Long beach and the ferry was running a little late which added to our delay.

Next time I'll be allowing 2.5- 3 hours for my transfer.

Our transfer was on a Sunday morning

Hope this helps

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi Airport. Use Air Asia package?

Hi Deb,

Like what "bill2p" said, you should be able to book the minivan via the hotel/guesthouse you are staying with. I do not have the contact as I also booked via the guesthouse i stayed with.

Also, like what "upthedons" said, do allow some time for delay here and there either due to car ferry crossing, unexpected road condition, waiting time when fetching other passengers along the way in Koh Lanta itself. As we were the last passengers they picked up, we "wasted" 1 hour waiting for the minivan to arrive at our guesthouse (ie. they told us departure time at our guesthouse was 8am but only turn up at close to 9am after much delay at the other pickups.

9. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi Airport. Use Air Asia package?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:15