We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach to stay on Koh Lanta?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Which beach to stay on Koh Lanta?

Hello,

My husband and I are in our early thirties and are planning on going to Koh Lanta this weekend and staying for a couple of days. We want to stay at a nice beach, but also want somewhere with a bit of a party scene for the weekend. I'm finding it hard to judge where to stay for the best of both worlds, Long Beach or Saladan? Does anyone have any recommendations, or names of good bars etc? Thanks in advance!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,829 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach to stay on Koh Lanta?

Hi,

Saladan has never had a 'party scene' it has plenty of restaurants but has only ever had a couple of bars at most. (It's away from the beaches where most people stay)

The south end of Long Beach used to have the best collection of shops, bars, restaurants and other services when I lived on the island, however it is deep green (low) season at the moment so many things around the island will be closed and the island will be quiet. I think that the best chance of finding any life will be the two most developed beaches Klong Dao and Long Beach, or Kantiang Bay, a small beach in the south, but which has a small cluster of resorts and restaurants that stay open through green season. (It is some time since I lived on the island so things may have changed, if they have, hopefully someone will correct me)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which beach to stay on Koh Lanta?

Thank you so much for the advice!

3. Re: Which beach to stay on Koh Lanta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:16