We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the weather looking now?

Sydney
Level Contributor
31 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
How's the weather looking now?

Considering heading to koh lanta in the next few days. Currently in koh samui. How's the weather been? Would we be best heading to phuket or phi phi instead?

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How's the weather looking now?

The weather pattern on Phuket, Phi Phi or Koh Lanta is the same. It's monsoon season and almost every day we have sometimes short and heavy scattered showers. It might be it rains heavy on Phi Phi and no rain on Koh Lanta and vice versa.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's the weather looking now?

I know its monsoon season but are there still plenty of periods of sunshine?

Ko Lanta, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
512 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's the weather looking now?

Yes and no.

Of course we'd love everyone to come here and enjoy visiting our lovely island but we can't guarantee the weather. Today is warm and sunny. Yesterday was cool and cloudy. The day before was quite a bit of rain. What will it be tomorrow? Week of rain? Maybe. Week of sun? Maybe. If I could tell you those answers I'd be living in a mansion letting my butler post forum answers for me.

Not trying to be flip - it's just impossible to guess what the weather will be like in the near future and I don't want to feel responsible for encouraging you one way or another.

Hoylake, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's the weather looking now?

Great answer Cowboyshoe .

Melbourne
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's the weather looking now?

Ive been visiting the region for many years ,as Cowboy says, this time of year its best described as a lottery ,

Expect it to be raining , sunshine , perfect , horrible , or all of the above mixed together .

6. Re: How's the weather looking now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:16