We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help...advice needed regarding which beach to stay at!!!!!!

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help...advice needed regarding which beach to stay at!!!!!!

Hi

Please could anyone offer some advice. I am travelling to Thailand over Christmas with my wife and four friends. We are all in our mid 30’s and looking for a resort / beach to stay at that will be nice and chilled but with plenty of nice beach bars and restaurants to visit in the evenings. Having looked on the internet it seems as though Phra-Ae (Long beach), Khlong Nin and maybe Khlong Khong could be what we are looking for…can anyone suggest which place would be most suitable??? We will be staying there from 23rd December to 3rd January 2014.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help...advice needed regarding which beach to stay at!!!!!!

Hi Molly,

Of the 3, I've only stayed on Khlong Khong beach - last year in October - but absolutely loved it. in fact we've booked to go again for New Years this year. Sure, the beach itself isn't the pure white sand you'd love but it's got a great vibe to it, lots of bars and restaurants and the beach is perfectly nice for lazy days. We think it'll be a great spot for a fun NYE (without the full moon, face painted lunatics!).

Personally didn't love Long Beach - just didn't feel relaxing and homely to us - but easy to check out on a scooter etc. Have heard Khlong Nin is similar to Khong and has a nice beach so i'd definitely go for one of the Khlong's if I were you

London, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help...advice needed regarding which beach to stay at!!!!!!

Great, thank you so much for your advise ChrisFP, I will look in to all of these suggestions....we will be in Koh Lanta from 23rd Dec to 29th Dec so hoping to find somewhere really nice to base ourselves over Christmas period before heading off to Koh Tao for new year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help...advice needed regarding which beach to stay at!!!!!!

I agree - We didn't see the attraction of Long Beach either. We stayed in Kantiang Bay and though it was exactly what we were looking for, I don't think it's for you as you'd like more beach bars/restaurants than we were looking for.

Klong Nin has lots of restaurants and bars and the beach was lovely. Long Beach (in my opinion!) didn't have much character.

Good luck in your hunt!

Ko Lanta, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
508 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help...advice needed regarding which beach to stay at!!!!!!

Check out the "which beach to choose" FAQ for more beach info:

tripadvisor.com/…37072400

5. Re: Help...advice needed regarding which beach to stay at!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:17