We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scooters

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
scooters

Are there any scooters to hire at Thong Nai Pan and are the roads good enough to travel round the island?

4 replies to this topic
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,213 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scooters

Hi,

I don't know if there any scooters to hire at Thong Nai Pan but some of the roads on the island (in my opinion) are not good enough to travel around the island on one. However, many people do rent scooters in Thong Sala and travel up and down the west coast.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scooters

There are plenty of places to rent scooters in Thong Nai Pan though you should be aware that the road is not fully paved so you should be very careful when taking it out of the village. If you have never rode a scooter before it is not the place to try it out.

Norwich
Level Contributor
189 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scooters

In the journey there and the journey back having done it twice I saw 3 accidents involving scooters, bad odds. Unless you are a very experienced rider I wouldn't recommend it. In fairness the roads seem to be improved and the first time it wasn't tarmacced hardly but it's not worth the risk in my opinion. Just find a taxi. If you do come off the scooter you can end your holiday, have expensive doctor bills or bike repaid bills even if you are not badly hurt. The fatality statistics are bad though as far as I am aware

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,144 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scooters

Better to get to Chaloklum and hire a scooter from there or even from Thong Sala if you want to explore the island.

Reply to: scooters
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ko Pha Ngan