We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight times problem

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Flight times problem

On wednesday I'm flying from Chiang mai to koh samui.

I have booked with Panviamn, who pick up from the pier at 1, but my flight gets in at 1135. There are a few ferries leaving at 12 from Maenam, but I won't make them. Should I just get the first ferry I can and a taxi to thong nai pan?

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Maenam Beach
Maenam Beach
1,090 Reviews
Mae Nam, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flight times problem

I think you also might be pushing it a bit.

There are no Taxi,s at Samui airport only mini buss,s and not everybody will be in as much of a hurry as you and want to stand around taking photo,s ect and the mini bus,s wait until they have enough people b4 they head off.

Even with a private pick up of 400bht from the airport may not get you there fast enough.

It took us a good hour from getting off the plane until we got to our hotel in Bophut the other week with private pick up and at night!

I think get a later ferry and your own transport on Phangan and take the pressure of a bit.

Den

Mentioned in this post
Bophut
Bophut
Ko Samui, Thailand
Phangan Beach Resort
Phangan Beach Resort
509 Reviews
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
12. Re: Flight times problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 01:19