We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your help is needed

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Your help is needed

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me which is the best beach to stay on and which hotel would be best for a couple and 10 year old, we have a good budget. We would like to be within walking distance of local restaurants but not in the thick of nightlife. Many thanks.

koh phangan
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Your help is needed

Hi Sarah,

Panviman Resort or Santhiya Resort is the best on the most beautiful beach called : Haad Thong Nai Pan Noi.

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your help is needed

Hi Sarah,

If it's any help, we are a family with 6 & 8 yr olds and we booked Sunset Cove (connecting rooms) and Salad Hut (2 double beds), both on North West of the island where it's supposed to be best snorkelling, and away from the FMP crowd. B

London, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Your help is needed

Hi Sarah

I have been to Ko Phangan on 3 separate occasions and have stayed almost everywhere on the island.

I think that Thong Nai Pan Beach is the most beautiful beach I have everytime.

It would be perfect for what you want. It has a mix of places to stay (beach huts and more expensive beach side accomodation).

It has restaurants all along the beach and your 10 year old will love the fire trhowing displays at night. Whilst there are a couple of bars this is certainly not a place for nighlife. There are great places to eat and kayaks etc to hire but if you want to stay away from Had Rin type parties and have beautiful scenery, this is your place.

I have stayed at Central cottage before - they have basic huts and more expensive villas but all places along this beach look pretty good.

The only trouble is getting there and away. The roads are pretty rough and it takes about 40 mins by cab. Its certainly worth it though.

Kent
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your help is needed

Thank you for your help, have decided to stay at Santhiya which I believe is on the recommended beach.

koh phangan
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Your help is needed

Good choice !

Have a nice holidays

6. Re: Your help is needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Ko Pha Ngan