We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel stays on Ko Phangan - what's the best place

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Topic
Hostel stays on Ko Phangan - what's the best place

Hey everyone, looking to pick your brain on what you consider a good backpackers hostel...one that is inexpensive, is centrally located, draws a good crowd, good place to find a party, clean and safe...

Any suggestions or suggestions in general?

How many days would say I should stay knowing that I'm just coming from Ko Sumui?

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostel stays on Ko Phangan - what's the best place

I would stay all your time in Phangan! Samui is too commecialized and expensive for backpackers.

I didnt see any hostels while there in June but did see a few cheap rooms in Tongsala the main town on Phangan.

Sure Stevephangan will know.

There are some cheap bungalows In Ban tai about half way between Tongsala and Haad Rin.

Haad rin is where most of the night life is and about 12 kilometers from Tongsala.

Haad rin is where you need to be but not too sure on cheap accomodation there?

We see plenty of backpackers in Haad Rin so there must be some cheaper places to stay.

A Backpacker could soon run out of funds in Samui if on a limited budget.

Den

2. Re: Hostel stays on Ko Phangan - what's the best place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Ko Pha Ngan