We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Phangan & Koh Samui??

Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Phangan & Koh Samui??

Hey,

I am planning a holiiday for about 14 nights all together, was planning on staying Bangkok for few nights, then onto Samui then onto Koh Phangan for full moon party!

Ive been to Bangkok and Samui before but just need some more information on Koh Phangan.

Any hints n tips would be good and also can anyone recommend a good accommodation that will be around 3/4* with nice pool, near the beach and also close to Haad Rin but also far enough away that it is peaceful but also quite lively at night time?

also I was planning for next March/ April time?

would the weather be good at this timeof year? I done mind a downfall of rain that last an hour or two, just dont want to be rain all day. Coming from Scotland, you go on holiday to get away from the bad weather!!

I will be grateful for any info!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Phangan & Koh Samui??

Hi,

From Samui hop on a ferry over to haad rin, if going to the Full moon Party, book well in advance if you just turn up you'll be searching for hours and may end up with nothing.

How many nights are you looking for on Phangan, i've stayed at Paradise bungalows right on the full moon beach, ant ridden rooms no aircon, basically partyed none top for 3 days, then stayed at Sarikantang a few mins walk over the hill from Full moon party, ideal for wht you're looking for really, check my review although it was a couple of years ago when i wrote it and in hindsight was better than I wrote really.

Then last year stayed a good hlf hour drive away in txi on haad salad absolutely beautiful nd perfect actually if you only want to head into Haad Rin for the full moon party itself as lots of taxis(songathaws) head over that way to and from ll night. Been in April/May twice always been red hot, occasional hot rain shower but basically hot hot hot, too hot infact sometimes you'll need factor 20 plus and i'm olive skinned!!!!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Phangan & Koh Samui??

The place on haad salad was called salad beach resort

Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Phangan & Koh Samui??

Thanks for that info!

I was thinking of spending around 5/6 nights on Koh Phangan. Would you say this duration is good?

cheers

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Phangan & Koh Samui??

Hi Pink,

Stayed 2 weeks on Phangan at Xmas and still wasnt enough!! Have a look at www.phangan-guide.com I found it helpful for accomodation and general info. B

Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Phangan & Koh Samui??

Thanks for the info.

also I have heard there some bogus websites out there who take bookings and so on for various accommodations. Is this true?

any reccommendatios as to what websites are safe to use to book the accommodation?

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Phangan & Koh Samui??

Hi, I always use www.sawadee.com B

dublin, ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh Phangan & Koh Samui??

www.phangan.info/

is very reliable for bookings also. Enjoy your trip!

8. Re: Koh Phangan & Koh Samui??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 March 2009, 20:21
9. Re: Koh Phangan & Koh Samui??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Ko Pha Ngan