We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Haad Yao/Haad Salad

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hitchin, England
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Haad Yao/Haad Salad

Hi,

I'm a British 28yo male travelling to Koh Phangan alone in a few weeks,

I love nightlife but I'm not into the whole club/dance scene so I'm avoiding Haad Rin, I'm looking for somewhere to stay with a decent nightlife (lots of bars), opportunity to meet plenty of young people and hoping not to be ripped off finding a place to stay... can someone reccommend cheap(ish) accommodation in the Haad Yao/Haad Salad area? There's loads on the net but it's difficult to sort the good from the bad

Any suggestions on other resorts would be gratefully received too!!

Thanks...

london
Level Contributor
403 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Haad Yao/Haad Salad

hey there, ive been to haad yao about 3 years ago on my first trip to thailand.

stayed at a place called haad yao bungalows and to be honest was pretty basic accomadation wise but was on a lovely beach.food was decent quality wise and was cheap.

along the strip of beach there were other resorts 1 of which had a very good swimming pool which we used to use(there is a charge for non guests 1000 baht per person)but we used to get a bit of lunch and some drinks and they were fine with that.

i must tell you that if you plan on going to haad rin for a night out or to the full moon then had yao is quite far away and unless your sharing a songthaew with a group it can be hard getting to and from.

after dark at the resort things seemed to shut about 10.30-11 oclock.there was a late night bar just outside the resort but not to much going on to be honest.

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
196 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Haad Yao/Haad Salad

by far the best place to stay on haad yao is see through resort. we looked at all the hotels along the beach and stayed at see through for 11 nights not only was it one of the cheapest but also cleanest and most modern. great restaurant and lively bar and very friendly staff. If you decide to stay on haad salad we have also stayed at cookies which is lovely. of the places i would pick haad yao better beach more bars and restaurants.

Moremi Game...
Level Contributor
659 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Haad Yao/Haad Salad

Agree with the above poster , seethrough is currently the best value with very good food and nice staff. If you book ahead , get a room on the ground floor (only 2 floors anyway) as these have the pool right outside your door with a private-ish patio.

we stayed this year a few months back and will be back again next week :)

4. Re: Accommodation in Haad Yao/Haad Salad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 05:19