We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help... cheap beach accomodation. great food, no crowds

Woolgoolga...
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Need help... cheap beach accomodation. great food, no crowds

Hi,i travelled to Thailand 20 years ago and loved it .I need some ideas. We are looking for rustic , cheap. on a nice beach can anyone help. No full moon parties...We will have a 15 year old girl and 12 boy.Does any one know where Bridget Jonses diary[#2] was shot???? THANKS

Mentioned in this post
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help... cheap beach accomodation. great food, no crowds

Hi we stayed at Salad Hut which is on Salad beach, North West of the island.It's right on the beach withgreat food. Very quiet as well. Huts are Thai style. we went with our kids last year and are going again this August. we are paying about £50 for all of us including breakfast. Check out their website.

Moremi Game...
Level Contributor
659 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help... cheap beach accomodation. great food, no crowds

that was filmed in locations at Nakornpathom ,Phuket and bangkok. Not on phangan

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Manchester,England
Level Contributor
169 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help... cheap beach accomodation. great food, no crowds

Hi

I was also on KPG at the end of the eighties. Where did you stay then? We stayed at Silvery Moon next to Booms Cafe on Ban Khai.

You are in for a shock man i assure you. Things have changed incredibly.I remember the "full moon parties" to be a few hippies, a guitar, some green and maybe some rock music - until 1990 when techno arrived.

Now it can be wallet poppingly expensive. Thong Nai Pan is well upmarket now. A long way from Booms hard rock cafe and the day or so it took to get there.A mate was just there a couple of months back and he couldn't believe it!!

Ban Khai and Ban Tai are still very chilled and you get a great sunset.I think you can still get a bargain here.

But remember the tide almost dissappears in the summer months so its wise to get the info on where swimming is still possible - if thats what you want.

Enjoy yourself but don't expect to see the chicken stall in front of the bank in Thong Sala !

Mentioned in this post
Ban Tai Beach
Ban Tai Beach
106 Reviews
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
4. Re: Need help... cheap beach accomodation. great food, no crowds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2009, 05:16