We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time To Thailand

queenstown
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
First Time To Thailand

My partner and i are going to Thailand for the first time in March and are looking at spending 3 weeks relaxing on some beautiful beaches.

We want to stay on koh phangan and on koh tao. I am wondering if anyone could help us find somewhere nice and quiet, beachfront, beautiful and not too expensive. Looking at doing a dive course on koh tao and looking at just chilling out on koh phangan. Salad Beach looks quite cool. All we want is sunsets and a pool, so the western side of the islands would be ideal.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time To Thailand

Hi,

If you look through my posts, we had a wonderful time in Salad Hut. I can answer questions if you like. B

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time To Thailand

Yep salad Hut!

Go to www.sawadee.com ,its in my opinion the best site for Thailand.

Very safe and reliable for booking rooms and general Thai travel info.

Mentioned in this post
queenstown
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time To Thailand

thanks a lot for your suggestions.

just another question. is it possible to rent motorbikes from salad beach? my partner and i want to explore the island and the surrounding beaches during the time we are there and want to know if its possible to rent motorbikes from salad beach for this or do we have to rent them from somewhere else?

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time To Thailand

hi, Yes on the end of the beach (North) is a tiny petrol station and a few shops and bike/jeep rental. Go in the road near the Prestige hotel. Most hotels can organise rentals too. B

5. Re: First Time To Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2010, 05:22