We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Pha Ngan for a single...Need advice

Level Contributor
354 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Ko Pha Ngan for a single...Need advice

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to some Thai islands in July. I will be alone, that's good for a flexible trip but I don't want to get bored. Do you think that Ko Pha Ngan (+Ko Tao and Ko Samui) is a good destination for a single traveller? If not, what do you recommend?

I need your comments before booking. Thank you in advance.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko Pha Ngan for a single...Need advice

Pretty much anywhere you travel in Thailand is good for singles but I would say those islands are particularly good compared to say Phuket.. esp at that time of the year.. the weather will be much nicer on the East coast.

Maybe start in Bangkok and stay in Khao San Rd.. this is where you will begin to meet other travellers.. from there either head up to Chiang Mai or straight to the islands.. maybe start at Ko Samui then head to Ko Phangan ... depending on what time you have... Ko Phangan always have full moon, half moon, black moon parties happening so you should find lots of other travellers to party and travel with

We will be in Thailand in July too visiting Bangkok and Ko Phangan so might see you there!

Reet :-)

2. Re: Ko Pha Ngan for a single...Need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 07:16
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now