We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan

Wellington, new...
1 post
Save Topic
Latest ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan

Quick question:

We fly into Koh Samui at 5:15 pm, it seems from my searches the last ferry to Koh Samui is at 6:15 pm, the Haad Rin Queen Ferry

1) Will we have enough time to catch this ferry?

2) I called the company Queen Ferry and they will not let me reserve tickets. I have to book once I get to the pier. What are the chances it will be sold out for 2 people?

3) What is the best way to get from the air port to the pier?

Thanks for your help!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan

Hi,

You should have enough time. I believe the ferry departs at 18.30 and Bophut pier can't be more than 3 or 4 kms from the airport. Of course, you will have to take a taxi and buy tickets at the boarding point. Do note that it is a smallish boat.

Are you travelling over for the Full Moon Party ? If so, you may have a problem in getting tickets.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan

Andy is correct, the last ferry is at 18:30. If everything runs smoothly you may be able to catch it, but if the flight is delayed or you have to wait to get your luggage than you may not catch this ferry.

If I were you I would plan to stay the night in Samui and head over the next day.

Gosford, New South...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows the latest time ferry/boat that takes you from ko phangan to ko sumui? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find any details. Thank you

Toronto
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan

The Haad Rin Queen is the last ferry, leaving Haad Rin at 17:30, arriving at Big Buddha at 18:20.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan

Hi,

Melanie is correct and in addition there is a Seatran ferry which departs from Thong Sala at 16.30.

6. Re: Latest ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 06:20