We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort to stay koh phangan with kids

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Best resort to stay koh phangan with kids

Hi there, we're travelling with three children aged, 8, 6 and 3 and was wondering which would be the best family style resort to stay at. We have been to Koh Phangan but not with our kids before so obviously want to stay at a nice place that will keep the kids occupied. Ideally a pool with a swim up bar for mum and dad! ;o) Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort to stay koh phangan with kids

I'm currently in Thong Nai Pan staying at the Phuwadee resort. I've only been here for 2 out of my 4 days but its made a good impression on me. Lots of big family's with many children of all ages. Depending on your budget you could get better places on the stretch of beach for sure.

However, other than a beach/pool and a tiny town there isn't much else to see on foot

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort to stay koh phangan with kids

I think only a few of the limited 5 star resorts would have swim up bars, there are a bunch of 5 star resorts on Thong Nai Pan Noi which has a lovely beach and a small village behind with restaurants.

Thong Nai Pan Yai is a bit more budget friendly and you might like to look at somewhere like Dreamland Resort which has family rooms and a pool (no swim up bar though):

www.dreamlandresort.net/accom.htm

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resort to stay koh phangan with kids

Thanks for your replies. I can live without a swim up bar for Phangan. ;) I was actually looking at Salad Hut last night online. This one looks pretty good actually and has a kiddy pool. They have a large family bungalow on the beach which I thought would be good for the kids. We could sit on our balcony while they play on the sand. I messaged them last night and they said that we could have an extra bed for my little girl which is great. I think this one may be the one. :)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resort to stay koh phangan with kids

I've never stay at Haad Salad, but have read that the music can get quite loud sometimes, maybe KhaoLakYoga could confirm or not.

We always stay at Bottle Beach with our two kids now aged 7 and 9, have been there for the last 3 years and will go again this year, but it can only be reached by longtail and doesn't have roads in or out (apart from a very bump, 4 wheel drive track), our kids love it as they get a lot of freedom.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best resort to stay koh phangan with kids

Hello, I have not been to Ko Phangan before, but I have booked Salad Hut Bungalows resort, in June for 8 nights.

If you read the reviews, this place is very popular for families, I am traveling solo, but the sound of happy kids is music for me.

The reviews also say the beach is great for kids, exploring in the rocks etc.

I have booked the deluxe bungalow, this is next to the family bungalow, I can think of nothing better than being right on the beach, steps down to the sand.

Can't wait !!

Maz.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best resort to stay koh phangan with kids

Thanks Cassnu, for your reply. I'll have a look at Bottle Beach too. I have heard it's lovely there as well. Koh samui has always been our preferred island in the past but having visited phangan back in August last year we just have to go back. I loved it. We don't want to be too remote because my husband is planning on getting another tattoo there and myself and the kids will probably be too-ing and fro-ing back and forth.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience there at Salad Hut Marilynjoy. From what I have read yes, it is very popular for families. I've actually been emailing them to get some quotes and they have been wonderful in replying so quickly. First impressions seems great!

Ko Pha Ngan...
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best resort to stay koh phangan with kids

Haad Salad is quite laid back and as far as I know not loud at all. Neighbouring beach Haad Yao is the louder beach on the NW coast that Cassnu may be referring to.

Thong Nai Pan Yai is also good, and Dreamland resort has a great pool with swim up bar and is a family favourite.

8. Re: Best resort to stay koh phangan with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 07:17