We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk ins rates at midrange resorts in May

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
132 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Walk ins rates at midrange resorts in May

Hi all,

Also posted in koh Tao forums but thought I'd post in koh phagnan for more/different responses.

In 2009 I spent three months backpacking Asia and we got better walk in rates at backpacker spots as we could negotiate. This year we are going back and hoping to stay at more midrange resorts. While I don't mind not booking things I'm wondering if the midrange resorts are as favourable to walk ins offering better rates than the advanced booking rates online (or booking.com) rates.

Does anyone know how high end or midrange resorts respond to being called on the day and if they give better rates in order to fill rooms?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk ins rates at midrange resorts in May

Try Sea Flower resort...was lovely and very reasonable...i think they do good walk in rates but we booked.The owners are great and a lovely little bar on the beach.

Ko Pha Ngan...
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk ins rates at midrange resorts in May

May is low season so you should have no trouble getting great walk-in rates.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk ins rates at midrange resorts in May

You won't have a problem in May but things have changed with web bookings etc. so I would check a couple of days in advance what's available.

Amsterdam, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk ins rates at midrange resorts in May

You will probably have no problems at all, except for the bungalows/villas right next to the beach.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk ins rates at midrange resorts in May

Hi Kim H

A lovely little hotel worth checking out : Seven Seas Hotel. Approximately R170.00

Close to the beach, seven eleven store. Just past one of the big hotels (the name evades me know) security entrance.

Our rooms were very clean.

6. Re: Walk ins rates at midrange resorts in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 07:16