We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers to koh phangan

Which Ko Pha Ngan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Transfers to koh phangan

I'm staying at the santhiya resort and spa on koh phangan my flight gets in at 16.40 ko samui what are my options of getting across I don't want to spend the night on ko samui I've read there is a 5.30pm and 6.30 pm boats over?.. But where do I go for these?

Would like to know what is the closet pier that I can get to that would take me over? Does it take long to get to the piers from the airport? Prices vary but what is an acceptable price for transfers?

Would appreciate any help thanks :)

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,420 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers to koh phangan

Hi,

There are ferries at 17.30 (Songserm Express) and 18.30 (Had Rin Queen). I am not sure of there departure points from Koh Samui but the Songserm Express docks at Thong Sala which will be your best option since there are many songtaows/taxis which meet the incoming ferry boats. The Had Rin Queen docks at Had Rin which is in the south of Koh Phangan.

Ko Pha Ngan...
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers to koh phangan

The Songsern leaves from Nathon, which is quite a distance from the airport, but still doable. The Lomprayah also leaves from Nathon and is late more than not, meaning it usually doesn't leave Smaui until around 5:30pm. Both of these ferries arrive in Thong Sala.

The Haad Rin Queen leaves from Big Buddha at 18:30, which is very close to the airport, though it arrives in Haad Rin, which is quite a distance from Santhiya.

Regardless, I am sure that Santhiya will send a car to fetch you no matter what pier you arrive at.

London
Level Contributor
447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers to koh phangan

You could easily make the 6:30 Haad RIn Queen ferry. That's the fastest. It docks in Haad Rin. The pier is less than 1 km from the airport. It docks in the south east corner of Phangan. From there get a taxi the few miles to your resort. Be prepared, it's very hilly! The journey there will be quite an adventure.

4. Re: Transfers to koh phangan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Ko Pha Ngan