We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Koh Phangan to Koh Tao?

Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Koh Phangan to Koh Tao?

Does anybody know if I could get a day return from Koh Phangan, where I am now, and Koh Tao. I would like to do it tomorrow, as it's our last full day here. Our hotel says we can get a guided tour for 2000bht each but that seems too expensive so I'm trying to no avail to make our own way there and back tomorrow. How much should I expect to pay?

Also, if we get there, would it cost much to do a tour for an hour or so? Thanks.

London, England...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Koh Phangan to Koh Tao?

If you go and book onto Lomprayer catamaran, it leaves Koh Phangan at 8.30 and it about 1hr 45. The return journey leaves at 3pm. This would give you enough time for a good walk around the island. The journey is 450 baht each way if my memory serves me right.

London, England...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Koh Phangan to Koh Tao?

I would take a walk from Mae Haad to Sairee, grab a light lunch and snacks, get a longtail boat around to Mago bay and chill out snorkelling then eating the lunch, that should take up a couple of hours before it is time to return to the Lomprayer cat.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Koh Phangan to Koh Tao?

From what we discovered it is a LONG trip.

Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Koh Phangan to Koh Tao?

Thanks. I had seen that Lomprayah time but I was certain it would not leave us enough time to explore the island. After your post, though, we asked out hotel to book it for this morning. They rang back later saying there was no room. Ah well. Will just look for something interesting to do on Koh Phangan today.

5. Re: Day trip from Koh Phangan to Koh Tao?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Ko Pha Ngan