We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh phangan, best place for upper 40 yr olds + son + gf 21

redcar
1 post
Save Topic
Koh phangan, best place for upper 40 yr olds + son + gf 21

We are visiting 20- 23 dec before moving onto koh Samui. We are in our upper 40s and son & gfriend are 21. Any suggestions on what area to stay - we like to get out on a night and walk round a few bars etc, but also have the family with us. A 'rave type' resort would not be our scene - any suggestions please ?? Thank you :-)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh phangan, best place for upper 40 yr olds + son + gf 21

It will be very, very busy wherever you go in Thailand, but particularly Koh Phangan on those dates as they will be gearing up for a big beach party for Christmas Day at Haad Rin Beach. I would head as far away as possible from Haad Rin and look at somewhere like Thong Nai Pan which tends to be quieter than other places, although as I said there will be lots of younger people in all areas during that time. Also you would need to book up very, very soon as places get booked out quickly and most places also require up to 7 nights minimum stay over this very busy period. You might find you can get somewhere to drop to 3 nights minimum if you are lucky, otherwise I would just head straight to Samui.

Edited: 24 August 2013, 00:01
2. Re: Koh phangan, best place for upper 40 yr olds + son + gf 21

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 06:19