We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phanang

Amsterdam, The...
6 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phanang

My husband, our LO and I will be flying to Koh Samui with arrival time at 3:50pm.

We would like to go to Thong Sala Pier, just not sure if we can make it on the same day.

I have read that the last boat from Lomprayah leaves at 17h from Maenam Pier, however can not seem to find this on their website.

Can anyone help us out?

Shall we just stay that day in Ko Samui and head the next day to Ko Phangan?

or there is a boat at 17h and we can make it on time ?!

Thank you for helping us.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,887 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phanang

Hi,

There is a 17.00 Lomprayah service from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan which departs from Nathon Pier (according to info I have). Although this service has been operating for some time now it doesn't show on their website.

Amsterdam, The...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phanang

Thanks for your reply Ajarn, guess we will have to find it out at the spot :)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,887 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phanang

Hi,

I have just noticed that the 17.00 service does appear on their website:

www.lomprayah.com/e/booking_buffet_1.aspx

Do type in Nathon Pier on the link above.

Edited: 11 February 2014, 21:36
Amsterdam, The...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phanang

Indeed it does, thank you so much. Could not have figure it out alone...

Than just i hope we make it on time for the boat at 17:00?!

Or just book a hotel for one night in Samui and play it safe...

Thank you for the help

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,887 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phanang

Hi,

It's a close call. There is another ferry, the Had Rin Queen which departs at 18.30 for Koh Phangan but it docks at Had Rin as opposed to Thong Sala. Nevertheless, you could get a songtaow to Thong Sala from Had Rin.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,111 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phanang

I think you will be pushing it to make the 17.00 ferry when arriving at the airport at 15.50 as it will take a while to get luggage, customs etc (although I think it's normally pretty quick), then you need to get a taxi for the approximately 40 minute journey to Nathon. As AA above says you could grab the Haad Rin Queen, really depends on where you are staying on Koh Phangan. If it's in the north I personally wouldn't bother with the HRQ and would stay near Maenam on Samui and grab the 8am Lomprayah Ferry from Maenam the next morning.

7. Re: Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Phanang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:20