We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Supply on Ko Phangan

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Water Supply on Ko Phangan

Some information regarding the current drought and water supply issues on Ko Phangan.

After little rain during the last monsoon, conservation measures are now in place to help with the shortage.

Obviously this should just be something to be aware of and help with when on the island.

thaivisa.com/forum/…

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,899 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Supply on Ko Phangan

It's not a good thing for the locals at all.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Supply on Ko Phangan

The article says that there is only water is only supplied from 5am to 10am and 5pm to 10pm. This is news to me, as I have water 24 hours a day. I thin what the article fails to mention is what type of water you are on. Most who pay for government water fill their tanks up and then turn it off until their tank is empty again.

As well, I doubt that the Ban Kai canal is supplying water on say Chaloklum, as it is much to far away.

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
39 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Supply on Ko Phangan

Water shortage is a problem. While I am on koh phangan I only take short, short showers. We never let the water run. Get wet, turn the water off while washing&washing hair a quick rinse, ready to go. We never shower before the beach. While traveling we make sure to conserve resources.

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
39 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Supply on Ko Phangan

Water shortage is a problem. While I am on koh phangan I only take short, short showers. We never let the water run. Get wet, turn the water off while washing&washing hair a quick rinse, ready to go. We never shower before the beach. While traveling we make sure to conserve resources.

5. Re: Water Supply on Ko Phangan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:22