We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to Koh Tao

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
day trip to Koh Tao

Hi guys,

we will be in Thong Nai Pan Noi in April for 10 days,so I wonder if you can give me some tips on how to get to Koh Tao other than the ferry, because it seems a long trip this way. We wanted to spend the day in Koh Tao, is it feasible?

Thanks for your help.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,661 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to Koh Tao

Seems a long way? That's because it is a long way.

Other than by ferry? The options are limited to Long Tail boat, Private charter speedboat? To be honest the Lomprayah catamarann ferry is the quickest way to get there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip to Koh Tao

thanks, that's what I meant, I just wanted to get there without having to go down to where the ferry leaves, straight from where we are if possible.

Do you have any idea on how long it would take by long tail or speedboat?

Many thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip to Koh Tao

Unless you hire a private speed boat Lomprayah is the only way to do it. Sorry.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,577 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip to Koh Tao

Otherwise there are several agencies in KP that run snorkeling day trips to Koh Tao and Koh Phangan, prices about 2.000 bht

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip to Koh Tao

Hi,

Perhaps you should consider taking the Seatran ferry or the Lomprayah catamaran over to Koh Tao, spend a night there and return the following day.

6. Re: day trip to Koh Tao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:18