We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast Koh Phangan

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather forecast Koh Phangan

Hello!

I'm planning to visit Thong Nai Pan Noi Beach area in the next couple of weeks (26th May - 5th June) but weather looks terrible almost rain or thunderstorms from tomorrow onwards until my stay. Not sure whether to make my way if it is gloomy and overcast for the whole time? I was looking forward to some sun!

Current updates on weather would be great? Fingers crossed it's not all grey!

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast Koh Phangan

Hi

Did you check with this website http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=72

Cheers,

Edited: 14 May 2014, 04:21
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast Koh Phangan

The weather forecast is not what you are saying, most sites give terrible generic forecasts for Thailand, mostly storm icons and rain and as it's a tropical country it's party true as rain can happen anytime. However, the specific area you are looking at is currently sunny, with only 20% chance of rain in the next couple of days dropping to 10% on Sunday, so basically very little chance of rain, maybe a passing storm in the evening is my guess which is again normal. It will be fine and you have every chance of getting sunburnt so be careful. The site that Pea has given you is the most reliable to use and don't just focus on the storm icons, which is what most people do, as you will see these frequently on Thai weather updates, it means storm activity is around and not imminent.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast Koh Phangan

It has been extremely hot and sunny over the past few days. There has been rain in the evening/night but nothing that should spoil your plans. In fact, it has been so hot & humid that the rain has been welcoming.

I will give you an update again next week ;)

Edited: 14 May 2014, 12:51
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast Koh Phangan

Thank you guys so much! That would be amazing Khao Lak Yoga!! xx

theworld
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast Koh Phangan

I had the same concerns as well. Glad to hear the weather is not as bad as I had read. I'll be there from the 27th through the 30th...see you at the bar!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather forecast Koh Phangan

just spent 6 days (7th-13th may) at thong pan noi..we had the occasional light shower..but apart from that was blue skies with a little cloud & really, really hot..which just makes the singha go down better

7. Re: Weather forecast Koh Phangan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:16