We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Surat thani airport

malacca
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to Surat thani airport

Hi,

Is it possible to reach the aiport before 10am by ferry + bus? the departure time is 11.45am.

is there any other option?Such as overnight at Ko SAmui and take the ferry from Samui to airport?

Thanks.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,069 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Surat thani airport

Hi,

It will be too late. Once you are on Koh Phangan check to see if the 05.00 ferry for Don Sak is still operating. If so, it should get you to the airport. Do note that the ferry crossing takes about 2.5 hours. There are hourly ferries from Koh Samui, the first of which is at 05.00, it should get you to the airport. Should you take a ferry from either Koh Phangan or Koh Samui do buy a combo ticket which includes the ferry crossing and transfer by bus or minivan to the airport.

I would be inclined to stay on the mainland.

Ko Pha Ngan...
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Surat thani airport

If you get the 5am ferry than yes. The other option is to go to Surat Thani the day before and spend the night there, or take the night boat.

malacca
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Surat thani airport

But what from what I saw from ferry website, it will only reach the airport at 10.30am. As what I saw from other thread,the bus will only depart from Donsak if the passenger on the bus is full. I'm worrying the bus is going to delay because of the waiting and traffic.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to Surat thani airport

We have just returned and we discovered several ferries were cancelled probably due to it being low season? At the dock, they've covered up on the boards some departure times with tape. These times weren't deleted from websites before our arrival. I suggest you email the company you intend to go with and ask if the ferry you need is still operating at that advertised time slot. Cheers.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,069 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to Surat thani airport

Hi,

No point in worrying, spend the night on the mainland.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,536 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to Surat thani airport

My advice is always to spend the night in Surat Thani and not have the hassle and worry of possibly missing your flight the next day. Whilst Surat Thani isn't that exciting, it's certainly ok for an overnight stay. Last year we stayed at Diamond Plaza Hotel, a typical, large Thai hotel which was good enough for the night and had a pool. Just 5 minutes walk from there is the new Central Plaza Shopping Centre, which was great for a couple of hours and then in the evening we popped over to the local night market right near the hotel, which was great fun, lots of stalls selling anything and everything, plus heaps of delicious food - actually quite a fun day.

malacca
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to Surat thani airport

Hi all...thanks for advices. I think I will just stay one night at the mainland.

8. Re: Transportation to Surat thani airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:15