We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full Moon Party with five year old?

Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Full Moon Party with five year old?

We're staying at Santhiya Resort for 12 nights with our five year old daughter and there will be a FMP while we're there.

We've never been to one and are curious as to whether if would be suitable to take our daughter in the very early hours of the evening?

Has anyone done this with young kids or have an opinion as to whether it would be too 'adult'

We're not planning on drinking a gallon of buckets of course - though probably would have tried a few things in our days before children!

Would it also be possible to get back to Santhiya at Thong Nai Pan Noi Beach easily!

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Thong Nai Pan Noi
Thong Nai Pan Noi
934 Reviews
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,144 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full Moon Party with five year old?

No, it's not suitable, unless you think that taking a 5 year old to a nightclub is ok!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full Moon Party with five year old?

I totally agree with Cassnu. But someone at Santhiya may be able to baby sit while you go. As for getting there, there are speedboats and taxis that run to and from the beach and the FMP throughout the night.

Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Full Moon Party with five year old?

Aah, ok. I read two blogs where people had taken their children from 6pm to 8pm and they suggested it was quite manageable at that time - and the kids had a ball. But I did want to explore other's opinions.

Edited: 30 May 2014, 03:27
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,144 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Full Moon Party with five year old?

I have been to several FMPs and now have children of my own and been back to KP whilst the FMP is on. I would never consider taking my children, even for the warm up period, there are drugs, there is alcohol, there are lots of crazy young people, girls wearing only bikinis etc, I'm no prude, but I don't want my two young daughters to experience what is there until they are old enough to decide for themselves - this is not a carnival, it's a party. Just my opinion.

Level Contributor
5,628 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Full Moon Party with five year old?

No it's definitely not a place to take a child.

Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Full Moon Party with five year old?

Thanks for all the advice!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
559 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Full Moon Party with five year old?

The babysitting suggestion is a great one, especially at a high end resort.

The party doesn't get going until later anyway, and your little one might be asleep before you even leave.

I'm a parent of two. Mom and dad need time out alone too.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,144 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Full Moon Party with five year old?

Yes, I would get a babysitter if you really want to go.

Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Full Moon Party with five year old?

Actually we're not that keen - would rather have an early night these days! To be honest, I was just hoping to show my daughter people letting off lanterns and fire twirling!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Full Moon Party with five year old?

Were the blogs you read from Nimbin?