We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thong Sala vs Haad Rin - NYE/FMP accommodation

Belgium
Level Contributor
48 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Thong Sala vs Haad Rin - NYE/FMP accommodation

Dear,

I have serious doubts/concerns of where to stay at Koh Phangan from 26 Dec to 2 January. My budget is around 600 euros for 7 nights stay so I believe I can find a good one

So far I have found a good options in Thong Sala. I liked the idea of being in town where there are a lot of restaurants, shops, markets. However, since the parties are held at Haad Rin I am not sure shall I stay there.

I am travelling alone and I would like to meet people to hang out with. Since I am staying for 7 days maybe you can tell me which place is better for other activities apart from partying e.g. day tours, water sports etc

Thank you in advance

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thong Sala vs Haad Rin - NYE/FMP accommodation

Thong Sala has shops and markets. Haad Rin is a horrid place.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thong Sala vs Haad Rin - NYE/FMP accommodation

Hi,

For day tours Thong Sala is a better option. It's easy enough to take a songtaow to other parts of the island from there. Also, there is a night market and several bars where you will be able to meet people. However, for partying Haad Rin is the place to be.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,007 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thong Sala vs Haad Rin - NYE/FMP accommodation

The beaches in Thong Sala are not that nice. Have a look at Ban Thai, half way between Thong Sala and Haad Rin.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thong Sala vs Haad Rin - NYE/FMP accommodation

Baan Tai or Baan Kai are better options, as they are both accessible to both Thong Sala and Haad Rin.

5. Re: Thong Sala vs Haad Rin - NYE/FMP accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 07:16