We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

I've got 15 days in Thailand booked for November (travelling on my own) and am currently planning to visit Chiang Mai, Khao Sok National Park, Koh phi phi and Koh lanta.... But looking into where to stay on phi phi I'm a bit disappointed! Can't seem to find anywhere that's reasonably priced with good reviews. If I were to stay on phi phi I'd want somewhere simple, where I could get some sleep (so not crazy noisey) and meet other people. I was looking at the Paradise Pearl Bungalows but they look a little removed from the nightlife and better suited to families/couples. Does such a place exist or am I better off extending my stay on Koh Lanta and doing a day trip to Koh phi phi? Any thoughts much appreciated :)

Phi Phi Paint Bar
Bars & Clubs, Lessons & Workshops, Paint & Pottery Studios
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

Hi

I cannot advise to stay longer on the other island you stayed nor on where to stay on Phi Phi, what I do know is we was very bored after half a day. I too am going back by myself to Thailand, and staying on Phi Phi, is the last thing I would think off.

In my opinion, just not enough to do.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,336 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

I stayed on Phi Phi 3 nights last year, and 4 nights this year. J J Bungalow is a decent priced hotel, & fairly close to the main beach/town area, & yet there is no noise at all. I stayed there in February, & staying there again in May.

Length of stay on Phi Phi depends on what you like to do. I can't imagine the previous poster saw anything of the island at all really if they were very bored after 1/2 a day.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

Thanks.... a friend had recommended JJ Bungalows, but I read a review that it was not so good for a lone female at night? Maybe I'll give it a go!

4. Re: Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2017, 15:00
5. Re: Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 14:09
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

Thanks for the advice - I think I'm going to do a couple of nights on Phi Phi still, if only for some of the diving/snoreklling opportunitites! I found the Dee Dee Beach House on here which has fantastic reviews and isn't crazily expensive, plus is at the quieter end of the beach.

Level Contributor
94 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

If you enjoy snorkeling and seeing the beaches, I suggest you stay a few nights. There are heaps of tours to do where you will meet other travellers and get to explore the natural sights beyond the area you stay in. There's a lot of shops and partying to be done around the Tonsai Bay area too so you can have the best of both worlds.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

Personally I would be looking to stay for maybe 1 or 2 nights this gives you time to do some great diving at Koh Bida Nok, or dive Palong Wall outside of Maya Bay then drop over to Krabi stay at Railay Beach, located between the city of Krabi and Ao Nang, then drop down to Koh Lipe for Diving and Snorkeling which is totally un spoilt and is in the Adang-Rawi Archipelago of the Andaman Sea, in the Satun Province of southwest Thailand. Ferries run Daily from Phi Phi - Krabi - Koh Lipe ... Koh Lanta

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

I wonder how you spent the days in Phi Phi eventually. I read that you could go on a night swim with the planktons. Sleep in Maya Bay. rock climbing. snorkelling. hike up to view point. Im planning 3 nights in Phi Phi and I hope its enough

Melbourne, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Phi Phi... Day trip or 3 night stay?

How was the trip and where did you end up staying? I'm having the same drama!!!

Get answers to your questions about Ko Phi Phi Don