We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from pier to Holiday Inn

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
transfer from pier to Holiday Inn

Much written in past about this but am still confused on what I need to do. I will be flying on either Nok Air or Air Asia to Phuket with ticket transfer to pier and boat trip to Phi Phi. According to Holiday Inn web sit there is only one direct transfer in the morning from the pier to Holiday inn. My arrival in Phuket will not be until 10 am which is not in time for this option. Am I correct in assuming a long boat is readily available on reaching Phi Phi for transport to HI and this can be arranged with no problem upon arrival?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from pier to Holiday Inn

Hi, thanks for asking!

There will be plenty of longtail boats for you to choose from on arrival at Tonsai.

There is actually an afternoon ferry departing Phuket at 1.30pm which would take you to the HI.

If you get a ferry only to Tonsai, expect to pay between 700-1000 baht for the one way trip between Tonsai and the HI.

Have a look at the Andaman Wavemaster website.

Cheers

Edited: 08 July 2013, 02:04
Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from pier to Holiday Inn

Thanks for your quick reply. I will look at the Andaman websit but it seems like the easiest way is to have the airplane,aircon bus and boat under one ticket. I assume that Tonsai is what they refer to as Phi Phi pier. Again thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from pier to Holiday Inn

The Andaman morning and afternoon ferry will both take you to the Holiday Inn, you will get transferred onto a smaller boat or but in all of our times to HI we have never had to arrange our own way from the Pier.

But even if we did - no drama there are so many long tail operators wanting your business.

4. Re: transfer from pier to Holiday Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Ko Phi Phi Don
Recent Conversations