We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin or Phi Phi -

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hua Hin or Phi Phi -

My college age daughter is studying in Thailand, and I'm visiting her over my spring break. She lives in Hua Hin, and being 21, wants to get out of town. I will only be in Thailand for 10 days and don't want to spend it all going in transit from place to place. We are spending 3 days in Chiang Mai and 3 in Hua HIn (when she might actually attend class!). She says negative things about Hua Hin but I am reading good reviews. Is it worth the effort to leave Hua Hin and spend the last 3 days in Phi Phi? I'd like some quality beach time - not too quiet but not too big a party scene either - good restaurants and things to do. Maybe another location closer to Hua Hin?

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,688 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hua Hin or Phi Phi -

Hi,

For a location closer to Hua Hin do consider Prachuap Khir Khan which has a lovely beach just south of town. However, it may be too quite for you but on the plus side there are some excellent seafood restaurants.

Edited: 01 March 2014, 19:36
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hua Hin or Phi Phi -

Hua Hin is a town with a beach parasols and lounges are lined up one by the other. Nothing exciting. You better go south to Pruachap Khiri Khan or Chumphon. Less busy and excellent, inexpensive food.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hua Hin or Phi Phi -

Make the trip to phi phi, and you will be glad you did!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,035 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hua Hin or Phi Phi -

I visited Hua Hin for the 1st time last month, its not a place I will be going back to.

Phi Phi I have visited on all my 4 trips to Thailand in the last 2 years, and plan to visit again on my 5th trip next January

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hua Hin or Phi Phi -

Thank you for your help!

6. Re: Hua Hin or Phi Phi -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 05:19