We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building of new hotel on tonsai bay

Liverpool,England
Level Contributor
44 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Building of new hotel on tonsai bay

Hi, We have recently booked a 4night stay at The Mama beach resort which is at the end of tonsai bay. On the hotel website it states that their is currently building work going on. Does anyone know how big a development this is and how long it's going to take. Is the disruption enough for me to cancel my booking in February next year. Any help would be appreciated.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Building of new hotel on tonsai bay

I would like to find out the same information! We are going in January. I have asked a few other TA users (those who have reviewed the hotel recently) and one said they think they're trying to finish the building before the peak season (December), but who knows?!

If you find anything out, keep me in mind!

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
182 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Building of new hotel on tonsai bay

Hi , returned from Mamma beach a couple of weeks ago, The construction is at the very early stages, they are working 24 /7 on the project. There was no noise pollution , I really loved the place.i wouldn't be put off the idea of going. Cheers

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Building of new hotel on tonsai bay

When I was there in April it looked like they were really humming along it's right in the heart of it all. From the looks of it I'd say run with it. It really is in the middle of town i'm not sure if I personally would like it we wanted to be away from it all. Lots of backpacking going on there.

4. Re: Building of new hotel on tonsai bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 06:16