We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation 2 nights

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation 2 nights

I can't believe how difficult it is to decide on Phi Phi accommodation for just 2 nights. The reviews are just terrible for so many and I am beginning to wonder if people expect too much from the island or the standards are just low.

We would like to be based somewhere around Tonsai bay.

If possible, we would like to be steps from a beach. I know there aren't many actual beach front huts available. :(

A good standard of cleanliness is a must, we are not seeking 5+ plus we just want to not be sleeping with cockroaches and air con is a must.

PP Villa Resort looks ok, considering the bad reviews, does anyone know the difference between the rooms here?

Our budget is 5000 baht per night max.

Your ideas are more than welcome!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,311 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation 2 nights

I would have a read of the many accommodation threads that have already been posted on here before to be honest, they should hopefully give you an idea of somewhere to stay. I & I'm sure most people thought the same thing as you, when visiting Phi Phi for the 1st time

Accomodation on Phi Phi is limited, overpriced, & of a poorer quality, compared to probably the rest of Thailand.

Edited: 08 June 2014, 12:48
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation 2 nights

I have been researching this forum and countless reviews on several websites for the last 4 months, I have also spoken to everyone I know that has stayed on Phi Phi without finding somewhere that meets with our requirements.

I have also researched several books on Phi Phi so please don't assume that I am bein lazy and not doing my homework.

As a last attempt to find somewhere that would suit us, I posted a question.

Apologies, I thought that was allowed on Tripadvisor.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation 2 nights

Hi Rosa,

You are correct in your guess that some peoples expectations are too high, Phi Phi is but a little Island, popular with the young and back packers as well as families alike so you tend to have distinct levels of accomodation.

Personally I would always reccomend for people to stay around at the Holiday Inn, thats where the true beauty for me is with the Island, but if you want to be close to Tonsai then generally The Banyan Tree and Phi Phi Cabanna are the better rated options.

When are you heading over, you could always wing it and find something upon arrival that looks suitable, if your not going in peak season that won't be a problem and some of the resorts are not on TA or Agoda, some are small little places run by locals.

Madrid
Level Contributor
157 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation 2 nights

Stayed twice at Phi Phi Village-beautiful but over-priced. Now just do daytrips for snorkelling.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
889 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation 2 nights

In Phi Phi, they need to transport everything form Krabi/Phuket. So it is bound to be pricey.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,071 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation 2 nights

The same could be said about transporting stuff to Koh Tao, but it's not as expensive as Phi Phi.

7. Re: Accommodation 2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ko Phi Phi Don