We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry times Phuket to Phi Phi

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry times Phuket to Phi Phi

I have been to Phuket and Phi Phi many times, but over 10 years ago. I am now travelling with my 2 boys aged 10 and 7. I am thinking of speding 1 night in Phuket and then head to Phi Phi as soon as possible.

What time are the Ferries from Phuket to Phi Phi? Wondering if we should fly in and head straight for Phi Phi and not bother with Phuket but worried about the flights. Any recommendations for attractions for kids on Phuket?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
41 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry times Phuket to Phi Phi

We flew from Bangkok to Phuket (landed at 10am) then took a taxi to Rassada Pier for the afternoon sailing (13:30) to Phi Phi. On the way to the pier, we asked the taxi driver to wait for us in Phuket while we stocked up on some goods (which he did without the meter running - he is a good sort). The afternoon sailing stopped at Tonsai Pier before continuing to Laem Tong on the northern part of Phi Phi.

The website will reveal all: www.phuketferry.com

Cheers

Le Hochet...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry times Phuket to Phi Phi

hello Greg is the website http://www.phuketferry.com/ reliable? As I find good prices but scared to book just in case we don't get conned...please help me with. Thanks

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
41 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry times Phuket to Phi Phi

We didn't actually book on their site as I thought if we stood on the pier with cash in our hand, we would get a better deal. I'm a bit of a painful traveller and always like to have all my hotels, flights, transport etc pre-booked before I leave home, to make sure that there are no surprises. In this case, I thought that I would relax a bit and buy the tickets at the pier. The tickets were more expensive than on the website & I was under the impression that we were being ripped off, with a take-it-or-leave-it approach. I have heard of website rip-offs for ferry tickets, so if you want to pay a bit extra and get the comfort that you're not a victim, then getting from the pier is OK. When I tabled the website, I was only pointing you in the direction of the ferry timetables. Have a great trip!!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,386 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry times Phuket to Phi Phi

Hi,

Another useful link:

www.phiphi-ferry.com/sailing-schedules.html

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry times Phuket to Phi Phi

Hi Greg, I saw your post where you have mentioned that you had to stop for supplies in Phuket on the way to Rassada Pier. I am planning to take the morning flight from Bangkok to reach Phuket at 11 am and I will take the afternoon 13.30 ferry to Phi Phi. How are the facilities at Rassada harbour? Is there any place where we can catch a quick lunch over there? Or do we have to stopover at Phuket town?

6. Re: Ferry times Phuket to Phi Phi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ko Phi Phi Don